Danville Congregational Church Behavioral Covenant
God has called us together as a living congregation. We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, who commands us to “love your neighbor as yourself.” We desire to be a vibrantly healthy and compassionate Christian community. To this end, we covenant together to make every effort to relate to each other in the following ways:
We will be respectful of each other
- By listening well,
- By going with any concern directly to the appropriate person,
- By having a civil demeanor,
- By having a kind heart, and
- By honoring each other in appropriate ways.
We will be accepting of each other
- By tolerating differences,
- By showing concern for feelings, and
- By seeking to understand each other’s position.
We will be honest with each other
- By being open, and
- By being direct.
We will be considerate of each other
- By showing humility,
- By being gentle,
- By protecting personal information, and
- By protecting each other’s reputation.
We ask God’s blessing on the keeping of this Covenant, both within our Congregation and in our encounters in the wider world.